Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

AD Plugin - Dual CallManager's

I have a customer that is implementing CallManager at the moment and they would like to integrate with AD for their directory services, not a problem except their current AD is integrated with another CallManager system that is operated by another division in their company. The two CallManager systems are separate CallManager clusters and they will not be integrated together anytime in the near future.

I tried to run the intergration in my lab last night, but I wasn't successful, so I thought I'd throw a message out to see if anyone has successfully completed this integration.

Thank you,

Jon Nelson

4 REPLIES

Re: AD Plugin - Dual CallManager's

I was thinking about this the other day... post the answer when you find it. I'm thinking they have to be in seperate forests in AD and it will be ok. Schemas will not extend accross a seperate forest in AD. (correct me if I am wrong here)

Bronze

I was able to complete this integration by doing a normal AD integration. The drawback is that when you pull up the corporate directory you see all the users. This wasn't a big deal for this customer as they will be integrating the two clusters together in the near future.

The only error I encountered was with the ability to update the schema (this was done already). Everything else worked out just fine.

The Cisco AD integration document covers integrating with sepearate domains/forests, etc. I have yet to try it in my lab, but I will be trying it soon.

Thank you,

Jon

I have done it by putting each ccm cluster in its own OU. The issue I had was when I would update a users device association on once ccm cluster it would not be reflected on the other, and it would override the previous association.

Silver

I got it to work right with two CCM cluster in one AD environment. I used the same Directory Administrator DN, different Cisco Directory Configuration DN and a different User Search Base as the customer's Users for the two clusters were in different OU's. That way users in one cluster did not show up in the other cluster.

Views
Helpful
Replies