Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AD Schema Extension

Does running the Schema extension for Unity on the customer's DC affect service? Is it OK to run this during business hours? The customer's AD has about 400 user accounts. Unity 4.0(3), Exchange 2000.

Also, I have 2 clusters, each with Unity, VMO, same domain, 2 different geographic locations. I'm thinking that I run the schema extension just once, and that's good for both Unity installations. Am I correct?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES

Re: AD Schema Extension

Yes, with a network that size it will not be a problem running it during hours. One possible consideration is the WAN bandwidth, if it is frame relay then you may want to wait until off hours, or make sure that site replication scheduling is in place. Make sure you run it on the schema master, it will make your life easier. You are correct that you would run it once, since they are working off of the same forest/domain. Good Luck.

Steve

Thanks! Also, one more thing, are there any registry changes on the DC that have to be made as part of this? I'm wondering because an associate of mine just completed a Unity project and he says he had a registry change. His project did involve Failover,though.

For a normal installation you should not have to change the registry manually. I assume that you are doing IP intergration, no failover, Exchange. ANy registry entries that you need to make for feature "enhancements" should be made through the Advanced Unity Settings tool located in Tools Depot, or on www.ciscounitytools.com

steve

Great, thanks. I believe it was a key to allow schema extension and was on the customer's DC. Hopefully, I won't run into it.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content