cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AD Snap in

steve.rodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

In Unity 4.0, is there going to be a snap in for Unity administration that can be added, or is it still going to be administered thru a web interface.

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

There will not be a snap-in for Unity administration in 4.0.

Keith

Is there any thought as to if this will be a feature that is available in the future?

I have this on my team's list of things to look at... there are ways to extend any MMC based plug in but it gets a little tricky around the edges to do it well. That and folks inside MS are arguing back and forth about the future of MMC in general - I suspect strongly it'll get replace (yet again) with another model so I'm not sure how much I want to invest in it.

The secruity issues are tricky here since administering things in Unity means having access to SQL databases, AD and the like. Doing that from within MMC is very hairy (as many things are... the built in grid in MMC is horrible unless you do a custom job which is a major pain).

short story - it's on my long term list but it's pretty far down, lots of other items to be working on.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: