cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add leading zero to calling party ID

j.brown
Level 1
Level 1

BT inform me that it is the european standard to not present the leading zero in incoming calls to my router from the pstn. What is the neatest, most scalable way to add a leading zero to every incoming number so that it is presented correctly on the IP Phone for my users?

4 Replies 4

mamoss
Level 3
Level 3

It can be done on Call Manager, but I find that inteferes with billing applications, so I do it on the router. See config below:

translation-rule 1

Rule 1 ^1. 01

Rule 2 ^2. 02

Rule 3 ^3. 03

Rule 4 ^4. 04

Rule 5 ^5. 05

Rule 6 ^6. 06

Rule 7 ^7. 07

Rule 8 ^8. 08

Rule 9 ^9. 09

voice-port 1/0/0

translate calling 1

Is there a way to change the caller ID only for the numbers under the "Directories" button on the IP phone? The problem is that the useers must dial 9 (escape) and then 1 (pstn escape) to dial long distance numbers. Is there a way to change the caller ID presentation only for these numbers? I don't want to add confusion to biling records and other caller ID presentations on phones.

it has to be done for all calls and there's something else... international call will come in like 32...... for belgium for example you can fix this also but you have to use h323 for your gateway of course

translation-rule 2

Rule 1 ^.% 00 national national

Rule 2 ^.% 000 international international

!

!snip snip

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

!snip snip

translate-outgoing called 10

no digit-strip

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0:15

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

It may be helpful for you to give the forum a better understanding of your environment. Things that would be helpful would be gateway hardware, signalling protocol you have chosen, version of call manager, etc.