Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Add Multiple Recipient Modification Question

We have a customer asking if the following is possible:

When adding multiple people to a new voicemail, the default asks you to dial by name and to press ## to switch between spelling and number entry. Can this be reversed to perform (and say) to add new users type the extension and to switch to spelling press ##?

I doubt there is a way, but I thought I'd ask before telling the customer no.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Add Multiple Recipient Modification Question

Sure... you can change the default addressing method on a per subscriber basis - go to the conversation page for the user in the SA and you can change the default to address by extension which will have the effect you're looking for.

You can change this setting for groups of users (or everyone) using Bulk Edit if you wish.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Sure... you can change the default addressing method on a per subscriber basis - go to the conversation page for the user in the SA and you can change the default to address by extension which will have the effect you're looking for.

You can change this setting for groups of users (or everyone) using Bulk Edit if you wish.

Wow. I almost cant believe that I missed something as simple as that. :)

It's always good to ask first. Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content