Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Subscriber server to cluster

I currently have one pub and one sub and am thinking about adding another subscriber. The question I have, is there any documentation or does anyone have any advice in getting started? Just curious if anyone has any suggesttions.

5 REPLIES

Re: Add Subscriber server to cluster

This may help!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_installation_guide09186a00803f5c57.html#wp507856

All you need to do is install the same version callmanager on the new server. You will need to select the server installation type to be Subscriber. You will also need to create a lmhost entry for the publisher server. You will need all the passwords that you created for the Publisher (sa, directory, private passphrase) etc for the installation of the subscriber server.

HTH

Sankar.

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Thanks, that is what I thought, but I wanted to hear if there were any issues people experienced...Thanks.

Note that your install may fail if there are any service releases on pubnlisher. Say CM Pub is in 4.13 Sr3a and you are trying to install 4.13 on Subscriber. To fix this, you will have to uninstall Service release on pub and then upgrade subscriber to 4.1.3. Once all pub and subs are on same version you may update the patch on all of them.

Thanks, does this include OS Service releases as well? Also, are there any hardware issues, i.e., what if the servers have different hard drives, amount of RAM, even different models, etc.

Thanks again.

No it does not matter. Cisco Callmanager Cluster could consist of different server models as long as these servers configuration is approved by Cisco. More info you could find in SRND http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_book09186a00805fdb7b.html

OS Servise releases could be different, but Cisco recommends to have latest OS Servise releases on all serbers in cluster.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content