cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a 9 to the directory

ouhakheme
Level 3
Level 3

In CallManager is there any way to automatically add a 9 to the number while it's still in the missed/received calls list; so it will get routed properly if someone presses dial or redial?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Ohamien

22 Replies 22

Thanks Fred that's what I needed to know. That should be it for now. Take care!

Ohamien

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Here is the actual document on how to make it, all the posts are great so you should rate the other guys:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805b6f33.shtml

And as Chris said, you can do it pretty easy in the MGCP configuration page.

HTH

//Jorge

lol, there was a document on this. Oh well, still fun rehashing this in the lab.

Thanks Jorge

Fred

Hah, I found the document after Chris' post, while looking for where 'national prefix' existed, but I didn't bother reading all the steps pre CM 3.x.

Go figure.

Ohamien

HI Guys

just wondered if that solution in the document Chris posted still applies to newer ver callmanager, cant seem to find that national prefix etc part under clusterwide parameters in my callmanager which is 4.2(1)?

Am i in the wrong place or missing something?

thanks

CM Service, Click Advanced.

Ohamien

Matthew Bryant
Level 1
Level 1

Just remember, if you have a third party Call Accounting system, to let them know about the extra 91 in the CDR records.

That has been an issue with some vendors because when a call comes in it may report as a 91X area code, and some systems use the 9 to know it is an outbound call, and the 1 to tell it that it is long distance.

If you see your vendor pulling their hair out, you'll know why.

cool

thanks all