Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Adding a new Exchange 2K server to Unity 3.1.3

We are adding a new Exchange server to our domain, we will have 2. They will not be clustered, one will be for each state we operate in. I see the server when I try to add a user, but if I try to import an existing user it will only default to our original exchange server. It looks like Unity can't access the new Exchange message store?

Thanks,

Geoff

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Adding a new Exchange 2K server to Unity 3.1.3

so you can properly import mail users from mailstores on either server, right? But when creating them they are always created on the original Exchange server you added, right? This may be a limitation of 3.1(3) if I remember correctly... I'll dig around.

I was curious, however, what you means by "one for each state we operate in". I'm not sure I understand this comment...

Bronze

Yes that is correct. If you know of anything that would be great! As far as other states, we are going to have an exchange server per state we operate in (MD, VA, PA) They will be clustered later, but for now we were testing moving mailboxes from server to server.

Thanks,

Geoff

Gold

Not that this explains why you are having problems importing but having Unity connect to an Exchange server over a WAN is not a supported configuration. There are several known issues that will likely arise including conversation delay and Unity ports failing to answer calls.

Views
Helpful
Replies