Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Adding a Remote site

we have a set of callmangers at our main site.

We have ordered an ISDN 30 to a remote site which connects to a 3560.

This remote site will use our callmangers and using the link to main site (new isdn 30) will make calls out of our gateway.

I have a few questions that I hope some one can clarify

1) on the new 3660 to make sure all voice traffic goes out that link do I just use a default route? and where do I point it?

2) as I am using mgcp I don't have to configure any dial plans, but if I was using h323, for voip calls I would use session target to callmanger but how would I set up externall calls as these still need to go through mail link

3) on the callmanger do I configure the new isdn link as a trunk point it at the ip address of the new router ? then add route patterns matching the DDI range to use that trunk?

finaly the site also needs SRST so does that mean they have to have a pstn connection at site?

Thanks in advance for helping me with my confusion.

1 REPLY

Re: Adding a Remote site

1) on the new 3660 to make sure all voice traffic goes out that link do I just use a default route? and where do I point it?

- Are you goign to use this 3660 to connec the main site and remote site or you ar eogint o use it as a Gateway?

- If it is used to connect the two sites, proper routing & QoS needs to be configured

2) as I am using mgcp I don't have to configure any dial plans, but if I was using h323, for voip calls I would use session target to callmanger but how would I set up externall calls as these still need to go through mail link

- If You ar eusign MGCP you shoudl eb fine

3) on the callmanger do I configure the new isdn link as a trunk point it at the ip address of the new router ? then add route patterns matching the DDI range to use that trunk?

- You will addthis as a gateway in the Call manager.

For outgoign calls you can creat a route pattern which will use this gateway>RoutList>Route group

Views
Helpful
Replies