Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Adding a Second Prefix to CM

We are running CM 4.1(3). I currently have the prefix 766-XXXX and have a need to add 742-XXXX. We use 5 digit dialing. On the Cisco Media Module gateway (MGCP) on the field for Outbound Calls for "Caller ID DN" I have it set for 30776XXXX. That currently will output the correct 10 digit Caller ID for the 766 prefix. Now after adding a 2XXXX extension I can't get the correct 10 digit caller ID on outbound calls. I have a second gateway that I'm trying to get the calls to route out on that has the Caller ID DN field set to 30774XXXXX but I'm getting a fast busy. I'm assuming its an issue with how I have the partitions/calling search space setup or maybe the route pattern. For the 2XXXX phone I created a new partition and calling search space. I added the new partition to the extisting calling search space so I could get 6XXXX phones to call 2XXXX phones, that works fine. I just can't call outbound with the 2XXXX phones. For the outbound calls I duplicated an existing route pattern 9.[2-9]XXXXXX that was assigned to LocalPT and pointed at the original gateway. I assumed it would be ok to create another 9.[2-9]XXXXXX assigned to the new partition and pointed at a second gateway. Maybe that is what is causing the issue, but if so how do you add a second prefix and get the Caller ID to output correctly?

2 REPLIES

Re: Adding a Second Prefix to CM

Larry,

Its recommended to manipulate digits at the route pattern or route group level. So create two partitions P1, P2, and two route patterns, 9[2-9]XXXXXX (one in P1 and other in P2. For phones in 6XXXX range, in their line or device CSS include partition P1. For phones in 2XXXX range, in their line or device CSS include partition P2. On the appropriate route pattern, set the Calling party external phone number mask to the appropriate mask (30776XXXXX in one and 30774XXXXX) in the other).

If you are using a route list (where the gateway in question is a member of), make sure you dont do any digit manipulation at the route group level if you are doing digit manipulation at the route pattern level (like discussed above).

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Bronze

Re: Adding a Second Prefix to CM

Sankar

Thanks, that did the trick.

Larry

Views
Helpful
Replies