cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding an IP phone service to all staff via BAT

itsupport
Level 1
Level 1

I want to subscribe all staff in our company to two IP phone services using the BAT tool. It appears that I can do this using the "Update Phones" option and then specify "IP Services 1" and "IP Services 2" fields. Problem is that it "seems" to want all the user identifciation and PIN fields filled in which does not make much sense Is there a way I can do this?

3 Replies 3

Peter,

Another NetPro member has an application that can do this for you using AXL. Please reference this post by s.monteiro. It references Service URL button but the same can be done with the User ID and PIN.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Phone%20Services%20for%20Developers&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddcb13d

I have personally done this for EM with AXL to over a couple of thousand of phones in the database.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Thanks Fred. I will check this thread out. Still curious as to why BAT seemingly allows you to roll out an IP phone service to a set of phones but forces you to specify the user id and PIN associated with the account which makes me think you could never update more than one at a time which defeats the purpose of having the option in the BAT tool to begin with?? Anyone now if I am missing something here? TIA

The IP phone service BAT option was added to do simple service configuration. Most sites don't rollout services with anything hardset. It's really there for adding one button push services or services meant to be logged into (aka EM).

Thanks

Fred