cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding digits to incoming caller ID

mfundaro
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to know if there is any way to add digits to incoming caller IDs that display on my users' 7960 telephones. I'd like to add "91" to the beginning of the caller ID so my users can directly dial numbers in their "received calls" and "missed calls" directory without using the "Edit Dial" button. I have heard this is possible but I can't find anything in CCM Admin that looks like what I want to do.

If anyone has been able to do this, please enlighten me.

5 Replies 5

gstegmann
Level 1
Level 1

hello

you will need to

a) add a translation rule

b) let the dialpeer use the rule on incoming numbers :

!

! establish the rule

!

translation-rule 1

Rule 0 ^0 910

Rule 1 ^1 911

Rule 2 ^2 912

Rule 3 ^3 913

Rule 4 ^4 914

Rule 5 ^5 915

Rule 6 ^6 916

Rule 7 ^7 917

Rule 8 ^8 918

Rule 9 ^9 919

! use the rule on

! voip-dialpeer with target=callmanager

!

dial-peer voice voip

translate-outgoing calling 1

good luck,

gerhard

I should have specified: I am using Call Manager 3.1(2c) with an MGCP gateway so I need to build this in Call Manager's route plan rather than using dial-peer on the gateway.

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

There are 2 methods for doing this...depending on the GW's involved.

Method 1: For any CM controlled gateway (MGCP-6608/DT24+/DE30+) or for IOS GW's

-Create a partition called "Incoming_Translate" and a CSS of "CSS_Incoming_Translate".

-Create a translation pattern that matches user DN's on the system. It can be all x's or simplicity.

-Set the 'Calling Party Transfomations', Prefix Digits to the access code. i.e. 9 (Note: a 1 may be needed for Long distance calls)

-Set the partition to "Incoming_Translate"

-Set the CSS to a CSS that can find the phone DN's

-On the GW, set the CSS to "CSS_Incoming_Translate"

The other is mentioned with the translation rule on IOS based gateways.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Did you ever try to set up the following:

9+CLID for incoming Local calls;

91+CLID for incoming Long Distance calls;

9011+CLID for incoming International calls,

based on the Call type information presented in D-channel messages.

Thx,

Boris

That is interesting. I will have to look at how I might do it with my current setup--my gateway is not directly connected to the PSTN, it runs via PRI through a Nortel Option 81C PBX. I'll look at what call type information comes across the D-channels.

I originally thought of just sticking 9 or 91 on whatever came across, but we have internal 5-digit dialing that needs to come through untouched.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: