Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Adding Fax Board

Hello,<br>I am going to be adding a cpd/220 Fax Board into a Unity that currently already has one cpd/220 board and would just like to make sure that I have the correct procedure for doing so.<br>The customer is running Unity version 2.4.6.102 with ActiveFax running on the same box.<br>I have already recieved an upgrade code to add the extra fax ports.<br>I am unclear on whether or not I need to uninstall fax or if I can just rerun the Fax portion of the upgrade. If I must uninstall Fax, is it safe to follow the procedure in the version 2.4 installation guide?<br>Thank you for any input you have on this subject.<br><br>Jeremy<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Adding Fax Board

blast from the past... (we actually stopped shipping new Active Fax systems in 2.4.6... you guys musta got grandfathered in).

If memory serves you definitely want to uninstall the fax stuff before doing an upgrade. The fax install stuff was real twitchy about upgrades (i.e. it basically choked on all upgrades). The information in the guide should be correct as I remember.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content