Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding lines to dialogic board and message on port monitor

We are licensed for 24 ports on our Unity server, but were only using 14 until today. I'm trying to add 6 more lines but only 2 of the 6 work. I added the lines to the ports and set them all to answer, then called the numbers while watching port monitor. Only ports 1-16 pick up. 17-20 do not. Am I missing something in the configuration here?

Other question, I set ports 15-16 for Message Notification and MM on ports 15-16. I see a message saying TrapConv on port monitor. I can't find a reference to this message on the site. Can someone tell me what this is?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Adding lines to dialogic board and message on port monitor

When the lines were added, was another voice board added? If so, unfortunately the process is not as simple as dropping a new board and rebooting. There's some extra Dialogic SW configuration that will need to take place. There's a blurb in the 2.4.6 installation guide that will describe the process involved with changing the physical number of ports...

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/2_46/inst/inst246.pdf

It's on page 100 or so of that guide.

The TrapConv is a MM dial-out. Is that message up there constantly? Or does it come and go?

Comes and goes. Port goes idle after the message. Thanks for the pointer to the documentation. I'll check it out.

Cisco Employee

If it comes and goes, that's completely normal behavior. If it gets "stuck" in that state for a long time, there's issues at hand.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content