Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Adding printer driver to CCM?

I know that I am not allowed to install 3rd party software on my CCM except that specifically provided by Cisco. But is it permissible for me to install a printer driver (one that doesn't come stock with this version of Win2K) on the machine? Am I violating the terms of my service agreement by doing this?

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Adding printer driver to CCM?

I haven't read the service agreement (I think I would fall asleep) so I can't comment on that. TAC is usually pretty good about not putting the blame on something like that so that they have an excuse not to take the call, so I wouldn't worry too much about that aspect.

More importantly, I question why you would do it. I know, it's a nice new server sitting over there, not looking like it's being used much, but it's the brains of your phone system, why take the chance? Another aspect of my hesitation is that some printer manufacturers get carried away with their drivers and make you install all kinds of programs you don't need. Again, another reason not to do it.

My 2 cents.....

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content