cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding recipients from a separate Unity install

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

2 sites, A & B, were running Unity ver. 2.4.6.135. From either site, we were able to create messages and add recipients from either Unity installation by using a sitecodes + 4-digit extension--100 for site "A" 200 for site "B".<br><br>Site "B" recently upgraded to Unity 3.1(1). In the process, site codes were not recreated, consequently vmails can't be exchanged between the sites. Users get "Sorry no matching names..." On site "B" Unity server, I've defined the required Locations--name and associated Dial ID. It's been 24hrs so Exchange would have sync'd by now. From site "A" I still cannot add a vmailbox from site "B". I get "Sorry this system is temporarily unable to complete this call..." Am I still missing a step? It seems the dial ID (100, 200) needs to be associated with a particular Unity server but I don't know where that association is made. We're running Call Manager 3.1.2c.<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

There is no digital networking interoperability between 2.x and 3.x systems on the same network. In other words you wont be able to lookkup users in the directory by name/id on System A from B or vice versa.

You can setup internet subscribers to shuttle messages between users but this is pretty administratively intensive to say the least.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)