Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Adding Remote Conferencing Resource on 3660 Router

Hi All,

I've setup a DSP farm on a remote router, connected back to my head-office (where the CMs sit) via an E1-IMA link.

When I'm adding the resource in CallManager, which MAC address do I use and how is the CallManager aware of this MAC address?

Thanks,

Stu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Adding Remote Conferencing Resource on 3660 Router

The MAC address is typically the MAC address of the ethernet interface of the router. The exact interface is specified using the command "sccp local fastethernet 0/0", for example. And the router connects to the CCM much like a phone. The command "sccp ccm 192.168.100.5 priority 1" specifies the CCM to home to. The CCM doesn't know about the router until the router attempts to register, and the router registers using it's MAC address.

3 REPLIES

The MAC address is typically the MAC address of the ethernet interface of the router. The exact interface is specified using the command "sccp local fastethernet 0/0", for example. And the router connects to the CCM much like a phone. The command "sccp ccm 192.168.100.5 priority 1" specifies the CCM to home to. The CCM doesn't know about the router until the router attempts to register, and the router registers using it's MAC address.

Thanks I'll give that a go, and get back to you.

Brilliant - thank you - all solved.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content