Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Adding second Exchange server to exisitng Unity 3.1(4).

I currently have a Unity and 2000 Exchange server. I am able to import user to create new mailboxes. The customer now has a second Exchange server that I need to import users from.

Can I re-run the Cisco Unity Server Configuration Wizard (Configuration Setup icon on the desktop) to add the new server without affecting my current users?

Any information will help. Thanks!!

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: Adding second Exchange server to exisitng Unity 3.1(4).

If both the Exchange 2000 servers are in the same routing group Unity will automatically allow you to import users from both servers.

It sounds to me like these servers are members of different AD forests. If that is the case you are a bit out of luck. Unity can only service a single routing group with a single forest. You are looking at a reinstall of one of the Exchange servers to get them in the same forest.

Keith

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content