Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Adding Service URL in Bulk

Hello all,

Is there a relatively easy way to program the Service URL in bulk. I need to update both Phones and User Device Profiles.

Thanks

5 REPLIES

Re: Adding Service URL in Bulk

My question should have read: Is there a relatively easy way to program the Service URL BUTTON in bulk? I need to update both Phones and User Device Profiles

AXL's updatePhone and updateDeviceProfile will come in handy.

Do you want to add the em service to phones? If so we'll have to consider a few more things..

At this time I'm not concerned with added the em service to the phones. Just a single service that I need to define on the service URL Button for all Phones and User Profiles. I am an AXL novice so any help using updatePhone to accomplish this would be appreciated....Thanks

Well, there's really no way around going to look at the schema. Do a getPhone on an existing phone that has the service configured so you'll see what needs to be written into the service url part of the xml of the updatePhone operation. You'll also find an axl browser application on Cisco's developer pages (http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/product_support) which allows you to send any AXL commands without having to write a single line of code.. just write the xml statements, send them and see what happens.

You may also write directly to table telecasterSubscribedService(not recommended by Cisco), but it is complex if you have parameters as you need to build the ServiceURL with adequate parameters value and fill as well telecasterSubscribedParameter.

JM Lacoste

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content