Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding TTS to Unity 3.1.x in unified environment

maslaga
Level 1
Level 1

Here is an interesting one.

I have a customer that purchased Unity POV with 12 ports. Soon after purchasing and receiving the product, they realized they needed the unified version and ordered an upgrade from POV to unified. All of this was prior to installation.

Once the system was installed and the key was upgraded, everything is working properly except that there are no TTS ports licensed in this unified environment. They are licensed for TTS users, but zero ports.

Here is my question: The customer is purchasing 4 TTS ports (standard, not RealSpeak) and I will be upgrading the key to show this. I know in adding the RealSpeak engine, you have to re-run the Unity install to add the necessary components. When I upgrade the key to add the TTS ports, will I need to re-run the Unity install program to add the necessary components or do those components install by default even in this situation?

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The TTS3000 libraries should be installed by default in all cases even if you don't have TTS ports on the key (the libraries are very small compared to the hundreds of meg the RealSpeak files take up). It should be a matter up updating the key and restarting Unity.

If multiple languages are involved you might need to run the install again, however... I don't think the non US English language stuff gets copied on by default but I could be wrong... I'd have to check a clean system to be sure.

As it turns out, the TTS library installed was Realspeak. Not sure why unless the system was originally installed prior to installing the key.

Also, the system was configured for 200 TTS users but zero ports. Thought that was kind of strange. After adding the newly purchased TTS L&H key, the ports now exist but the system still won't read emails because of the wrong TTS engine.

Here is my question: When I re-run the Unity installation to put on the correct TTS engine, is there a need to re-run the configuration setup after? I have never done it before, but I figured I should ask for the "correct" approach.

No need to run the configuration setup afterwards... that's just for connecting to Exchange/AD.

I would, however, delete the HKLM\Software\ActiveVoice\TTS branch in the registry before running the upgrade just to be sure you end up with the TTS system configured for TTS3000 only when you're done...

No need to run the configuration setup afterwards... that's just for connecting to Exchange/AD.

I would, however, delete the HKLM\Software\ActiveVoice\TTS branch in the registry before running the upgrade just to be sure you end up with the TTS system configured for TTS3000 only when you're done...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: