Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

address low volume issues

Customer had volume issue with their system. The unity is 3.14 upgraded from 3.13 and integration with NEC2000. Low volume issue basically appears both internal and external for mailbox greeting, customized call handler and even system default call handler. I changed the DB target to -5 by using setvoulme utility . We found

1. User mailbox greeting volume now is almost good enough when call made between internally.

2. Call handlers volume still are not acceptable even internally

3. Calling from PSTN still get low volume for both

So it seems it's not a PBX issue.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: address low volume issues

Couple things here.

First, if the greeting volume is good when you make internal calls but it's still low for PSTN calls, then this would indicate to me you DO have a PBX issue at play... seems obvious to me, not sure how you're concluding otherwise.

Second, I don't know what you mean by "call handlers volume" here - do you mean prerecorded PROMPTS as opposed to greetings and voice names? Call handlers play greetings an din the line right above it you say that greetings are good so I'm going to assume you mean prerecorded prompts throughout the conversation and this has nothing specifically to do with call handlers - right?

What I meant for "call handler volume" is this case:user dial 3001 to reach opening greeting from internal but they still get low volume. So that's why I think it may not be related to PBX becasue it's not consistent even internally. I feel very weird , I think setvolume should increase all the volume no matter user greeting or system greeting(like custmized opening greeting).

Cisco Employee

So it seems that sometimes the volume is good and other times it's not--even when the calls are placed internally and to the same greeting or prompt?

If that really is the case, you could try to narrow the problem down to a particular port that may be causing the issue. Just call each voice mail port directly and see if there is a consistent difference...it's a long shot, but maybe worth it.

But actually the problem seems that all calls to call handler(like openning greeting) is getting low volume, all calls to user is getting OK. what can cause the problem like this, I really have no idea. Any thought? Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies