cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adjunct Route not working after queing call to skill...........

umassjsp
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set up a situation where after a call has been in que

for 5 minutes I will check the Geotel to determine routing. What I

have found is that as soon as I que the call to a skill on the Avaya

my adjunct step does not work. If I skip over the "que call to skill"

step the adjunct works fine and I hit script. Does the ICM lose track

of the call as soon as it is sent to a skill? Any ideas appreciated.

Scott in Massachusetts

3 Replies 3

platkeet
Level 1
Level 1

Scott,

When you say the adjunct routing step doesn't work, are you getting an error message at the ACD stating that a vector step has been skipped, or are you assuming that the adjunct route step is not taking place?

To validate, I'd first check your ICM router log for the ARR. If you're not seeing it happen, as a test (and to avoid sitting and waiting for the five minutes to elapse), change your wait step to ten seconds and make sure that no agents are available in your queued skill group.

If you're not seeing the adjunct route request in ICM, then the Avaya is not making the request for some reason. To "fake it out," I'd suggest inserting a route to number statement after your queue timer expiry, and create a new VDN to point to a separate vector that makes the adjunct routing request.

If that fails as well, I'd suspect an ASAI domain conflict of some sort, and check your MAPD to see if it is reporting any error in it's own logs.

Hope this helps...I can't remember the specific command in Definity admin that shows vector step error counts, but I know these errors can be displayed.

Regards,

Tim P-M

"Display Events" is the Definity command that shows errors in vector steps.

Good Luck,

John

Tim-

Thanks for the feedback. I determined the adjunct was not working when I noticed no calls hitting script. What other ICM users have said is that once the call has been sent to the que it has reached it's destination so no further routing (adjuncting to script) can be done unless the call is de-qued by, as you suggest, sending to another vdn. Our solution now is to do the adjunct first before queing call and if user has turned on emergency variable we will send call to a vdn that will ship call to another center after 5 mins in que. Otherwise if emergency variable is not set we time out response with a Wait node and call will continue in vector normally. Drawback is there will be 2 reporting vdns. Idea of an emergency skill on Avaya to be logged in to accomplish this was not used because user wanted remote access to enable this call flow. Thanks for the help guys.....Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: