Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Administration page not accessible from another Unity server.

I have a network with 3 Unity servers: A, B and C. After a reboot last weekend, I'm not able to access the Unity admin page on C from A or B. If I log in to C, there is no problem. Plus, I can access A and B from C. The message is: "There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed." When you click on the "Open the UNITYSERVER homepage..." option in the message, it says "the site you are trying to reach does not have a default page. It may be in the process up upgrading." The customer insists nothing was changed before the reboot. What can I look for to solve this?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Administration page not accessible from another Unity server

What version of Unity is installed on A, B and C?

Are multiple domains at play?

Sorry, I should have specified before, they are all version 3.1.5. There are multiple domains on the network but the three Unity servers are in the same domain.

Hello -

I'm wondering if this could be a DNS resolution problem? Do you get the same error from server A or B if you access the Unity admin page using server C's IP address? Also, something that might help in your problem resolution would be to turn off the "friendly" IIS error messages. From the browser on server A or B, go to Tools | Internet Options | Advanced tab. Uncheck "Show friendly HTTP error messages" then retry accessing the Unity Admin on server C.

Best wishes, Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content