Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Administrative Reporting Tool Problems

CCM 3.1.3(a), ART 1.1 (0.4) spC

I have yet to receive a solution from TAC on incorrect call classification in ART. I'm farily certain that our dial plan configuration isn't set correctly. I've made the adjustments as stated in bug ID# CSCdy33044. Previous to that, it was showing all calls as Internal; after that, it designates all calls as Internal, Others, or Tandem. The calling area we are in has mandated 10 digit dialing, meaning that even for local calls we have to dial 9 + 1 + area code + prefix + number. When I look at the gateway reports and other CDR reports, all calls classified as "others" show the 9 + 1 + area code; it's as if the 9 isn't being stripped off for proper call classification. Has anyone else run into this problem?

TMH

4 REPLIES

Re: Administrative Reporting Tool Problems

Be sure to double-check the settings under >System>System Parameters>Dial Plan Configuration. A "9+1+..." pattern may require 11 digits to categorize correctly depending on your pattern matching. (Ex: condition = 11 digits for G!)

Thanks for the response - I checked and I have 11 digits for G!, and other appropriate patterns as well.

Upon taking a closer look at everything, it seems that we are configured for seven digit dialing in our call manager dial plan instead of 10 digits; all route patterns are being filtered through a 7 digit dialing route filter. I'm going to attempt to fix this, and we'll see if ART classifies calls correctly.

TMH

Did you find out what the problem was? I seem to be having a similar problem but in I can not seem to get the Gateway Detail report to correctly identify local 10 digit calls as not being long distance. If you found a trick, can you share it?

Thanks.

Yes, I did figure out what the problem was - I had to force it to recognize our outside access code (9) and the 1 before our local prefixes. Even though we're in 10 digit dialing, the number of actual digits dialed is 12, so I figured, what the heck? I'll throw some in, and voila, it worked. I also had to put something in to tell it that any other 12 digit number that didn't have our local area code was a long distance call.

The following worked well for me, you can replace my area codes with yours:

= 12 XXT! Others (Toll Free Calls)

= 12 XX847! Local (Local area code)

= 12 XX708! Local (Local area code)

= 12 XX312! Local (Local area code)

= 12 XX815! Local (Local area code)

= 12 XX773! Local (Local area code)

= 12 ! Long Distance

I'm still having an issue with Toll Free Calls; for some reason its now classifying them as Long Distance instead of Others. I might have to do the same for those as I did for the local area codes; put them in as "= 12 XX800! Others."

If you can pull up the Gateway Detail report, you're better off than I am - our CCM crashes every time I try to pull that one up. But, I hope this helps - I know it worked for me.

TMH

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content