cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Administrator priv on Unity 3.0

emlee
Level 1
Level 1

I've set myself to "default administrator", but am still unable to administer or view the status of my Unity box from my PC. I'm forced to terminal server into the actual Unity box, then open the saweb admin page from the terminal session. What's up?<br><br>

9 Replies 9

Not applicable

What's the error message you get when you try to open the SA link from your desktop? Are you logging in use the same account on the local box as you are on your workstation? Try setting the IE security settings so it'll force you to provide login name, domain name and PW when you attach and make sure.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Access denied
Your class of service prohibits you from accessing the Unity web pages.

Please see your system administrator for more details.

That is the error message. If I force IE to prompt me for a username/password, and i enter in the exchange account used to install Unity, it works fine. But if I logon with my personal account (and yes it's a member of the default admin class of service) it gives me that error message. I've tried on both the actual unity server itself and my workstation.

Are there some sort of local admin rights that are required on the box or something?

I know I have the class of service set right because I only allowed TTS for the admin class of service. I get the TTS option when I check my VM, so I'm sure I'm a member of the Default Admin COS.

Not applicable

nope... we get your NT credentials, ask Exchange to return the accoutn associated with those credentials (your SID really), look up the COS and give you SA access based on that. There's no magic here and the account need not have any admin NT/Exchange rights at all to gain access to the SA.

Log in via the account you indicated you could gain access with and double check your COS assignment for your account. The other common mistake here is if folks have multiple NT accounts and are logging into the network using a different account than the one associated with their Exchange account Unity is looking at for your subscriber info.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

We use two exchange boxes per user because we need to cover two lines per user. I know that 3.0 supports alternate extensions, so I will look into that. Anyhow, before in Unity 2.4, it would ask me which vm account I would like to sign in as, since I had two accounts associated to my name. In 3.0, it didn't ask. Turned out that only one of my two accounts was setup as default administrator COS. I set the second account to default admin COS and it works fine.

Not applicable

Just FYI, this problem is addressed in Unity 3.0(3), see CSCdu34245. With this fix multiple subscribers can be associated with one NT logon, so when accessing the SA/AA you will be presented with a choice of which subscriber to use.

I'm having a similar problem on 3.0.2, where after a crash Unity is saying 'no subscriber associated with your account' even when we log into the installing account ('unityoca', not 'administrator'). We tried associating 'Example Administrator' in Exchange with 'unityoca', but since our prior 'Administrator' is also associated with 'unityoca', will this not work until 3.0.3?

Not applicable

The "go to" method for getting into the SA if you've been locked out in 3.x is to use the GrantUnityAccess.exe tool found in the \commserver directory. Here's a post on that:

http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=Unity3x&Number=7537&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5#Post7537

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Thanks Jeff.

We wound up rebooting as part of an upgrade to 3.0.3, and verified first that we could get back in. Sort of points to a disconnect between Unity and Exchange?

It's working now without having to go GrantUnityAccess route.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: