cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

administrators

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I wish to create a number of additional administrators for Unity. Please advise apart from the example adminstrator COS what other rights do these a/c's require for NT and Exchange,<br><br>thanks<br><br>Jeff<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

For administering Unity, the accounts don't need any NT or Exchange rights. Once added to the Administrator class of service they can access the SA via the web and create/edit users/handlers etc... no problem regardless of what rights they have in Exchange/NT. The install account for Unity is the guy we use get all the Exchange and NT related rights for administrator activity.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

when I tried to create a new subsciber while logging in as an administrator(with admin COS) the SA console gave me an error message of the type ' no voice ports available...'.
Once I gave the new admin a/c admin rights in NT, problem went away, i.e I've got full functionality to create a/c's with the new admin a/c - could there be a problem there that I'm not aware of?
thanks

Jeff

Not applicable

If you want to create the NT domain account from the SA, Unity's service account needs to be in the Domain Admins group. If you want the creation of the NT account to be optional, use the Answermonkey.net registry edit tool and it will put a checkbox for this on the add subscriber page.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC