cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Admission control.

1pgordo
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to make admission control in a voip network.

The problem is: in a router with 2 E1 links to PBX, how can I limit the number of calls to/from two diferent sites? I have 1 Frame Relay PVC's to each site. I'm making some tests with a gatekeeper but still didn't find an answer.

12 Replies 12

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

You can use locations with callmanager. Here is a link to get you started.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_1/sys_ad/3_1_2/ccmcfg/b02locat.htm

Thank you,

-Mckee

And without a callmanager, is it possible to do?

Thanks for your sugestion

pborelli
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using an IOS Gatekeeper? I've worked with a 3640 12.2(4)T1 configured as a Gatekeeper. I used the command "bandwidth" under the gatekeeper configuration and it limited the number of concurrent calls to/from any zone. But you need to group your gateways under well chosen zones.

I'm using a 3640 configured as a gatekeeper. I tried the command bandwith but with this command, I can only choose the source zone, not the destination.

In this case, i need something that allows to define the bandwith between source and destination zone.

Thanks

Hi,

you can use the "max-con " command on the dial-peers.

Regards

Mehmet

this command only applies to the outgoing calls. How about the incoming?

pborelli
Level 1
Level 1

If you are using a gatekeeper, you can limit the number of simultaneous calls on a per zone basis. In the particular case of a Cisco IOS Gatekeeper, you can rely on the command:

bandwidth total zone zone-name.domain 100

for example, to limit the calls on that zone to 100 kbps (the GK will divide 100 kbps by the codec rate, so it'll really limit the number of allowed calls).

what i really need, is limit the bandwith from one zone to another, not the bandwith from one zone to all the others.

thanks

I think there's not such a command (to limit the BW between two specific zones out of all the zones in your network). But I think that limiting the BW between Zone #1 and all other zones would fit, wouldn't? Or do you really need to set BW1 between zone #1 and zone #2, while setting BW2 between zone #1 and zone #3? I think that, in this case, and if you use Cisco gateways in zone #3, you need to configure BW limitation on a per-dial-peer basis (on the dial-peers that connect to zone #1). Wouldn't this solve your problem?

And if you need to limit the number of concurrent calls from zone #1 to zone #2 or #3, you can configure a proper max-con value on the zone #1 gateways' dial-peers (besides setting this value on the zone #2 and #3 gateways.

I really need to limit the bandwith between two zones. About the max-conns in the dial-peer, it only limits the outgoing calls, not the incoming.

Thanks anyway.

Yes, but you can configure the max-conn on the remote gateway.