cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ADS Plugin Problems

gstegmann
Level 1
Level 1

we are having difficulties re-setting up the avvid-customer-directory-plugin after a fs error on the w2k-ads-master and checkdisk-run. in just says "connection failed", no matter which settings are entered in the DN/password/etc...

is there a way to determine WHAT exactly fails ? ads-tracing doesn't help.

another solution propably could be of restoring all ads-roles and rights to their defaults, in case something is missing ( ms needs days for an answer ). can somebody help ?

thanks in advance,

gerhard

8 Replies 8

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

So you had the plugin running and then something happened to your active directory? Did you ever revert back to dcdirectory or are have you always been using ad. Are you now rerunning the plugin or are you getting this error when doing searches from ccmadmin? If the install is failing you should be able to look in ad_cfg_err.log in c:\dcdsrvr\logs.

Thank you,

-Mckee

hello there.

the plugin has been running ok, but now ( after a deinstall ) i am unable to reinstall it. as the network-monitor tells me, there is no traffic going to the ads-master.

WHERE IS THE PROBLEM !!?!??!

the logs-directory stays empty :((

How did you uninstall the plugin via add/remove programs or from running the plugin again and selecting the uninstall option? You know when you are going through the plugin install it ask for the servername of AD. Are you using name or ip address? When you click next does it populate with data from you AD or is then when you get the error when it tries to connect to your add the first time. Where is your network monitor at?

Thank you,

-Mckee

i uninstalled via add/remove programs

i used both, servername/ip

no , it does not, it just says "connection failed", no packets are goint to the ads-server. the network-monitor is at the callmanger.

when i ping or do a "net view" , the netmon shows these packets.

thanks in advance, g

Anytime you wish to uninstall the plugin you should not use add/remove programs, instead you should run the plugin again and choose the option to uninstall it. The reinstall is probably failing due to some missing registry keys.

At one point there was to be a technical note posted that explains how to fix this issue, but it's not out there. So at this point you should probably open a TAC case so they can work with you on resolving the issue.

propably there are some registry-keys i have to delete ????

Where is the procedure to revert back to DCD from AD? or is that covered in the "unistall" of the AD Plugin? My problem is that I have multiple clusters and the customer wants to have a single corp directory for all sites. This was not taken into account when the clusters were intially deployed on DCD, but I want to know how to back out the AD plugin before swiging onto AD. Thanks.

Procedure to Revert back to DCD from AD :

Here is the procedure to use DC directory again.

Change the registry key to default settings for DC directory

HKLM -->Software -->Cisco Systems, inc -->Directory Configuration

CISCOBASE o=cisco.com

DIRACCESS True

DIRTYPE Default

LDAPURL ldap://:8404

MGRDN cn=Directory Manager, o=cisco.com

MGRPW <---here is how you get this password

After changing the registry key to the default's for DC directory.

The MGRPW should be changed to the the value that you get after running

passwordutils.exe from the C://dcdsrvc/bin/

Enter password : ciscocisco and it will generate encrypted password ...copy this and change the MGRPW setting in Registry.

Stop and start the IIS service

Now you should have you DC directory working fine.

-Amisha.

Cisco Systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: