cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ADSchema Update error

faisalbhutto
Level 1
Level 1

am tyring to install unity on a server in an exsisitng exchange site. Hence the intent is to use the exchange directory connector on unity. Everything was smooth untill I double cliked on the configuration setup, it asks me for the password for the account with whcih I am logged in ( i am logged in with the same account that i used to install unity) but it gives me an error "Cisco Schema updates have not been completed". I have ran the ADSchemaSetup file from the unity CD, seems like it was unsucessful as I have errors in the log that it generates. Here is the log please advise.<br>Connecting to "HOUDC1"<br>Logging in as current user using SSPI<br>Importing directory from file "E:\Schema\LdifScripts\avdirmonex2k.ldf"<br>Loading entries<br>1: CN=ms-Exch-Recorded-Name,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=NSPOF,DC=com<br>Entry DN: CN=ms-Exch-Recorded-Name,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=NSPOF,DC=com<br>change: add<br>Attribute 0) adminDescription:ms-Exch-Recorded-Name<br>Attribute 1) adminDisplayName:ms-Exch-Recorded-Name<br>Attribute 2) attributeID:1.2.840.113556.1.4.7000.102.17016<br>Attribute 3) attributeSyntax:2.5.5.12<br>Attribute 4) isMemberOfPartialAttributeSet:TRUE<br>Attribute 5) isSingleValued:FALSE<br>Attribute 6) lDAPDisplayName:msExchRecordedName<br>Attribute 7) name:ms-Exch-Recorded-Name<br>Attribute 8) oMSyntax:64<br>Attribute 9) objectCategory:CN=Attribute-Schema,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=NSPOF,DC=com<br>Attribute 10) objectClass:attributeSchema<br>Attribute 11) searchFlags:0<br>Attribute 12) partialAttributeSet:TRUE<br>Add error on line 37: Busy<br>The server side error is "The role owner attribute could not be read."<br>0 entries modified successfully.<br>An error has occurred in the program<br><br><br>I have double checked the permissions. The server is added in the exchange servers computer group under AD, the account i am using is the same i used to install unity, has the schema update permissions, enterprise admin, local admin, act as a part of an OS, logon as service etc. Please advise.<br><br>

2 Replies 2

cbelcher
Level 1
Level 1

Well six months later I've run into the same thing. The anwer to the problem is to run "ADSchemaSetup.exe" from the ADSchemaSetup directory on Disk1. Then run "Configuration Setup" again and it will work like a champ!

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The one time that I have seen this is when one of the DCs or GCs is down when Unity is trying to extend the schema. Is that the case here?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: