Views
Helpful
Replies

AdSchemaSetup.exe fails with runtime error

spodonnell
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone run into this?

Double click AdSchemaSetup and a C++ runtime error pops immediately.

Checked the log file and no error is noted.

Any opinions?

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Unity is this?

Can you post the exact error message your seeing?

Hi,

I got the same message.

We don't have a DVD player on the machine running the DC. We mounted a drive on another system, tried to install and received a message that it could not find the MSVCP60.DLL file. We then copied the AdschemaSetup Folder to the DC and then tried to run the AdschemaSetup.exe and then we got the C++ message.

I can't copy and paste the message from the LDIF log. I get two Information Messages. The first one is "log path is", the second one is "initializing".

Thoughts?

Ted

BTW.. I also copied over the Scheme Folder and SetLanguagethingy.exe as listed in the following:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26mode%3Dnew%26location%3D.ee83692/0'

Thanks,

Ted

It could take a while to figure out what it is looking for. Can you share out the Unity install directory? I run ADSchemaSetup in the lab from a share and it works fine every time.

Keith,

Ok, I bagged the idea of copying over the necessary directories to my DC. I reverted back to the share, copied the DLL file previously mentioned to one of the directories the error message complained about - in my case e:\WINNT - and it worked.

Bottom line... don't copy the folder to the DC and then install. Share the AdSchemaSetup folder and copy the DLL file to one of the locations the error message complained about.

Thanks!

Ted

Yeah-- and if you have a 4.0(2) CD/DVD you shouldn't need to copy to DDL over.