Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

after hour greeting

I am doing after hour greeting test for my customer. After hour is from 6:00pm-8:am. But now is 9:00pm, when I try call AA,it still gives me the standard greeting. I didn't hear any after hour greeting. Supposely there is a default after hour greeting in the system already. I set call transer to a phone in after hours greeting in order to make sure the after hour is working. Then I call again, the phone didn't ring, which means after hour didn't work. By the way the timing and zone is definetely correct. Anybody has idea? Thanks.<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: after hour greeting

Make sure the Closed greeting is enabled, the handler is using the correct schedule, and use the status monitor to track the call to make sure it's going to the right call handler.

Also make sure the Alternate is not enabled, or it will override standard/closed.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Anonymous
N/A

Thanks, but how can I enable status track?
By the way, I have a very simple question regarding handler: how can Unity server identify to use which handler? What if I created 2 opening greeting handler with same scedule, which one will it use? Thanks a lot.

Anonymous
N/A

You can use the HTML Status Monitor (there should be a link on the desk top or right click the tray icon)

Or use StatusMonitor.exe in the commserver\techtools directory.

The system will default to the Opening Greeting call handler unless you use a special routing rule, or assign the handler an extension and program the phone system so the call shows up as a forwarded call for that extension.

See the Call Management section of the admin guide:
http://cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/2_46/sag/sag246.pdf

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content