Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Hours Call Handler

I have Unity 2.4.6.102 and Call Manager 3.09 and I have two main call handlers on is the opening greeting and After Hours. During the Opening Greeting it works like it is suppose to and so does the Msgs button. After Hours is where all the trouble happens. After Hours is 4 P.M. to 7 A.M. Monday - Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. During these times only one port on the Unity answers the calls with the After hours Call Handler. If you receive any other port (like two calls coming in at the same time)then you get the default message that unity has to play. How do I make the rest of the ports or more than one answer the calls coming in? After Hours the Msgs button on our Cisco IP Phone 7910 does not work correctly. If after hours and you are checking your messages and you use the first port 6666 you get the after hours greeting, but if you press the button on any of the other ports you get to the login (Please enter your pasword). Can I get the After Hours message retrival to work the same as During the Opening Greeting, regular business hours. I was thinking it may be an issue with call routing but But then why does it work at all?<br>If anyone can shine some light on this problem it would be greatly appreciated.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br><br>Troy Dean<br>Elevating Boats LLC.<br>900 St. Bernard Pkwy<br>Braithwaite, La 70040<br>Tele: (504) 682-5245 x 7002<br>Fax: (504) 682-5298<br>E-Mail: tdean@ebi-inc.com

6 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: After Hours Call Handler

I need a flow chart here…

I’m assuming you’re using routing rules to send calls to the two different opening greeting call handlers? If so, can you detail them here (i.e. include the routing information criteria for each rule you’ve added).

Since it’s routing properly on the first port I suspect this is related to a known problem with the TSP where calls that bounce from port one to 2 or later are initially reported to us as a forwarded call instead of a direct call… we get a “correction packet” after going off hook, however currently we don’t wait for that packet before routing the call. We’re working on fixing this with an updated TSP but it’s not available yet.

Working around this problem is normally pretty easy as long as you aren’t trying to get fancy with other routing rules… Here’s a post with more details on that:

http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=ipswitch&Number=1756&Search=true&Forum=ipswitch&Words=routing rules&Match=Entire Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=1756

I’m not sure if we can make your application work without this fix in the TSP. Why do you need two call handlers to handle normal and after hours traffic? If we could make your application work using the standard opening greeting call handler for everything instead of using additional routing rules, we should be able to make this fly. Is there more going on here than I realize?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Jeff,
I need two different greetings to give two different sets of information. After Hours we have personnel designated to be on call. The callers need to know how to contact him. During the day it doesnt matter because two or three people can help out so they go to the operator or dial his extension. The boss does not want to have our buisness hours on during the day but after hours he wants the prospective customer to know when we will open. That is why I need two differnt messages at two different times.

Routing Rules
Index Description Condition Action Target State Type Flages
0 Live Record Reason ==268435456 Convutils 0 ative Direct
1 After Hours Reason (porid==*)and(schedule==^after Hours^) and (reason in (1)) Ph Transfer - after hours 0 active Direct DE
2 Attempt Forward to greeting ForwardingStation==*; AttemptForward 0 Active Forwarded
3 Attempt Sign-In PortID==*; Attemp SignIN 0 Active Direct
4 Default call Handler PortID==*; PHTransfer - Opening Greeting 0 Active System

That is the routing rules the only one I have added was Index one After Hours and I have changed the condition on attemmpt to Sign-IN from PortID==*; to (Reason == *) but that created conflicts so I put it back to the way it was. It is working fine except for the Answering in the evenings (after hours). This is all configured the way that tac said to except for the change that I made. I was having the problem with the calls coming in before I changed it.
Hopefully this is enough in formation for you or someone to figure out what the problem is.
If you need any other information let me know.

Troy Dean
Elevating Boats LLC.
900 St. Bernard Pkwy
Braithwaite, La 70040
Tele: (504) 682-5245 x 7002
Fax: (504) 682-5298
E-Mail: tdean@ebi-inc.com

Anonymous
N/A

You can play two different greetings with one call handler, right? Again, I'm unsure why you need this routing rule at all... why not just assign the opening greeting to a schedule to define off hours/standard hours and record two different greetings that trigger on those schedules?

With the TSP issue causing grief with forwarded vs. direct calls (the reason in (1) there is only for direct calls) you're going to have problems here. All calls that come in on port 2 or higher will be reported to unity as forwarded calls and your rule will not trigger.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

Yes I can play two different greetings with the one call handler (opening greeting) but I cannot have different caller inputs on the two different greetings in the same call handler, right? I would like for customers to be able to press certain keys during standard hours and then only be able to press certain keys during closed hours. Since the TSP issue causing grief with forwarded vs. direct calls will not allow me to setup two different call handlers to do this, I have some questions.
Q 1. Is there any other way of setting up this type of feature?
Q 2. When is the TSP fix going to be release?
Q 3. What is the newest release of TSP?

Why I need the call routing rule?
I need the routing rule to make after hours call handler answer the direct calls during closed hours to give the caller the different caller input options than the regular opening greeting caller input options.

I hope this clears up the reasoning why I need the other call handler and routing rule.

Troy Dean
Elevating Boats LLC.
900 St. Bernard Pkwy
Braithwaite, La 70040

Anonymous
N/A

I was thinking of other ways to do this and saw a call transfer forum going on and took a look and towards the end was the same solution that I was thinking of.

http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=unityent&Number=2841&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&vc=1#Post2841

I have made the closed section on opening greeting Call transfer go directly to the greeting. I made the greeting blank with no caller input and made the option for after message to send it to the call handler of my choice. So I can delete the routing rule and kill two birds with one stone. If you see anything wrong with this let me know.

Troy Dean
Elevating Boats LLC.
900 St. Bernard Pkwy
Braithwaite, La 70040

Anonymous
N/A

Yeah, I think you're on the right track with this one... as long as the calls coming in are initially routed to the opening greeting, then they can be rocketed off to other handlers as you mention here. I don't see any reason why that wont work.

The latest TSP is 1.0.0.28... we have this fixed in 1.0.0.31, unfortunately we found some other (much more alarming) errors under load. The sustaining engineering group is working on it very hard (lots of sites looking for this one) but I can't say when it'll be released and available. I will definitely drop a post out here when it's ready to roll.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content