cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After Hours Message

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I am trying to set up an after hours message for two different departments, each one has a different message. They do not want it to be scheduled, i.e. after 5pm it starts giving message, instead they want to forward the phone to an extension and have it answer. I have the mail box set up so when I dial it's extension the message is played. When I forward the phone to that extension, and then call it it goes to the greeting from unity. It's for some reason not coming accross as a transfered call (comes in as direct) I have Unity 3.1(3) and CM 3.1c2<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

The extension you set up as a forwarding target, how did you create that. You will have to create a "phantom extension" to create a pilot number to forward too. However, I beleive CallManager will remember the original forwarding target of the call. So if I call 1000 and it forwards to 2000 and it forwards to voicemail. The voicemail will see 1000. So even if there is a phantom extension that will not work. Why not just forward the extension directly to voicemail?

Not applicable

I found part of the answer, when I forward the phone to the phantom extension it works fine... however, this phone is part of a hunt group, and when a call comes in it rolls to voicemail, however it goes to the opening greeting, I'll do more testing, it's just being a pita!

Not applicable

If memory serves, the Hunt group pilot number is the number being sent to the Unity. You can build an app around that number perhaps. But I doubt you will be able to break out the extensions individually.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: