Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

After upgrade to CCM 3.3-2 IP phones 7910 are not as loud as before

CCM was upgraded fro 3.1 to 3.3-2. Since then the customer swears, that all his 7910 phones are softer than before. He has set the volume on the phones to their max, but they are still not to be heard in his production area.

Since there are several people having the same impression, I tend to believe him, however I don't know which parameter/setting could be guilty.

He couldn't tell me, if the phones (7960) in the offices have the same problem, since the environment there is not loud enough to superseed the ringing, however in his production area they have heard them before and have problems now...

I have seen, that there is a way to ring via 3-party speakers, but first of all I'd like to check if there are others with the same problem and/or any way to increase the volume of the rings.

thanks in advance for any hint.

best regards

eva

1 REPLY

Re: After upgrade to CCM 3.3-2 IP phones 7910 are not as loud as

I'm not 100% sure, but this could be relevant....CSCdz30824 Bug Details

Headline 7960/40/10 Handset Send Frequency Resp and SLR changed

Product cmterminals Model

Component sw-phone-7960 Duplicate of

Severity 4 Status Verified

First Found-in Version 3.3 All affected versions First Fixed-in Version 3.4(0.69), 3.3(2.10), 3.2(2)ES45, 3.3(2)SPC, 3.1(04b)SPD Version help

Release Notes

Symptom: Send Frequency Response at Low End (500 Hz and below) is too close to

the TIA 810a Handset Mask. Because of this Reduction in Energy, the Send Loudness

Rating is reduced by approx 1.5 dB which means the Send side is even softer.

Condition: Handset/Headset Mode

Workaround:

for CCM 3.1, upgrade to phone load P00303010412 or later

for CCM 3.2, upgrade to phone load P00303020215 or later

for CCM 3.3, upgrade to phone load P00303030201 or later

I still would appreciate any oppinions, since the customer is far way and not able to test on his own

thanks eva

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content