Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent monitoring (IPCC Express)

Hi All,

I need to monitor agent activity i.e ready, not ready, logged in, on call etc. How do i go about programming such an application. Is this information available using TAPI/JTAPI?

7 REPLIES

Re: Agent monitoring (IPCC Express)

Hi,

IPCC Express Supervisor console already gives you that information. Does it suites your needs?

Regards,

S?rgio Pinto

I need a programatic approach so that i can customize the views and am able to create other application on the agent state information.

Gold

Hi,

In this moment there are no CTI tools in IPCC Express in the same way that they exist in IPCC Enterprise, CTIOS.

Ther is a CTI protocol implementation in future versions of IPCC Express, version 5, in order to get available a CTI integration.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Nauman,

Agent state activity gets logged in the SQL database. You could use a SQL query to check the current state. Here is an example query for agent1 and agent2 in Not Ready state.

USE db_cra

SELECT DISTINCT TOP 1 Resource.resourceLoginID, AgentStateDetail.eventType, AgentStateDetail.eventDateTime

FROM dbo.AgentStateDetail

INNER JOIN dbo.Resource

ON Resource.resourceID = AgentStateDetail.agentID

WHERE resourceLoginID = 'agent1' AND eventType = '2'

ORDER BY eventDateTime desc;

SELECT DISTINCT TOP 1 Resource.resourceLoginID, AgentStateDetail.eventType, AgentStateDetail.eventDateTime

FROM dbo.AgentStateDetail

INNER JOIN dbo.Resource

ON Resource.resourceID = AgentStateDetail.agentID

WHERE resourceLoginID = 'agent2' AND eventType = '2'

ORDER BY eventDateTime desc

Event Type values are (Login 1,Not Ready 2,Ready 3,Work Not Ready 6,Logout 7). You could save the query as a SQL script, then call it via OSQL to output the results to file or to variable in another script for alerting.

Example OSQL cmd line.

osql -E -S LABPUB1\CRSSQL -d db_cra -i c:\SQLScripts\AgentState.sql -o c:\SQLScripts\AgentStateresutls.txt

I've also have done this by turning up logging on one of the CRA log files then ran a script against the log for agent activity. Unfortunately that took more effort and I don't have those scripts anymore. Also I'm not sure how real-time this is, as I've never needed up to minute type stats. Mainly used for customers who wanted a secondary poll to make sure agents were available.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Make sure your NIC cards monitoring settings on your PCs are set to Cisco specifications. If not you wont hear anything.

Bronze

and if you are using remote call monitoring, you have to turn on vlan tagging at the Express server as well, not just at the PC. I have soo many people turn vlan tagging on at the pcs NIC cards, but forgot about the IPCC server.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content