Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent not shown in Supervisor desktop

Hi all

Here is the problem which i am facing.

Agents intermittently not showing in the supervisor desktop. There is one particular agent on a workstation who is not visible in the supevisor desktop, but he was able to make/take calls. He tried to login that agent in another workstation, that agent was visible in supervisor desktop. but if he tries to login in one particular workstation he is not visible in the supervisor desktop. If some other agent tries to login from that particular workstation, they are visible in the supervisor desktop.

I tried reinstalling the CAD once again but after 2 days the problem reoccuered.

icm version 4.6.2

CAd- 4.2.

Thanks in advance.

Sen

8 Replies 8

sandgupta
Level 1
Level 1

You mean to say agent from work station A is sometimes not visible to supervisor. If same agent logs in from work station B, agent is seen by supervisor. Also, if other agents login from workstation A, they are visible to Supervisor. Right?

Well, if agent is visible when logs in using work station B, it rules out any ICM config problem. If other agents are visible after logging in using work station, it rules out any problems with work station A.

Does it happen with only one agent? Is this desktop in different vlan?

Open a TAC case and provide necessary details (CAD server logs, agent desktop logs with debug, screen capture when agent is visible after login from other work station & when not visible from problem work station).

Thanks,

Sandeep

Sandeep

What you said is absolutly right.

Its hapenning to only 2 of the agents right now. One point to consider here is after reinstalling the CAD , he was visible for couple of days but once again the problem reoccurs.

I guess this desktop is in the same VLAN. Otherwise how will other agents are visible in the supervisor desktop .

Thanks

Sen

Sen,

It sounds really interesting problem. Does problem fix by reboot agent work station? Do you know what CAD hotfixes currently running at customer site?

Please open a TAC case so that it can be looked into. For VLAN, I guess you can have agent desktop in different VLANs and have inter VLAN routing.

Thanks,

Sandeep

I don't think inter v-lan routing is an issue here. Otherwise his call-processing should not work right.

One more question , how to find which version of CAD he is running after installing the CAD software ?

Thanks

Senthil

Hi Sen,

I am sure that agent is opening agent desktop application twice which is causing Chat server to throw except and hence agent can not send any messages to Supervisor and Supervisor does not see agent.

To fix it, 1. ask agent not to open multiple instances on agent application, &

2. Reboot agent desktop if it is done by mistake.

Thanks,

One thing to note is this agent alone has this problem if he tries to login from a particular machine. If he laogins from some othermachine, he is visible in the supervisor desktop.

FYI

i have already opened a case with cisco, i don't have the bug id now. Will post it when i get that.

Thanks for your help

drussell
Level 1
Level 1

We have the exact same problem with multiple agents not showing in Supervisor. We're running CAD 4.2.1 and ICM 4.6.1. We have found that if the agent reboots the pc, they will show in Supervisor when they login again. We're able to reproduce the problem by double clicking Agent to get the logon then double click the agent icon again. If you login to one of the instances, you should get "The server threw an exception" message. The Agent will continue to login and Enterprise Data/Call Chat windows will appear. The agent does not show in Supervisor. This is how we reproduce the problem. It's not clear if this is the only situation when it occurs. Double clicking the Agent multiple times should never give multiple login windows in my opinion. I do have a TAC case open on this problem

Hi Dan,

We are working on this issue. Mike C. is running it and will get all the resources to address this problem.

Thanks,

Sandeep