Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

AIM CUE disk filling up

Hi

We have a few customers with the AIM-CUE (v 2.1.1) in their CME systems. The flash drives in these systems will fill up about every six months requiring someone to boot to the helper and perform a disk cleanup operation (which takes the system down for about 30 minutes).

Voicemail utilization is well under 50% so I'm not sure what is filling up the drive. Trace logging is disabled

I'm wondering if this is working by design. Should the system be cleaning up after itself or do I need to take the system down to perform the cleanup operation on a regular basis?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: AIM CUE disk filling up

You're DEFINITELY not supposed to have to do this.

CSCeh55158 is the issue. It was fixed in CUE version 2.1.2. It actually manifests itself more often on lightly used systems that have been up for a long time. I know it's not a solution, but if you reboot the CUE periodically, the cleanup that it does on startup will work; however once the drive fills up this will no longer work and you have to go thorugh the manual cleanup process.

4 REPLIES
Silver

Try this steps

1) Download the helper (installer) image [cue-installer***] from CCO. Put it on tftp.

2) Go to bootloader prompt, change config to point to this helper. Boot this image by

doing a "boot helper".

3) When the image boots up, choose Option 3 to do disk cleanup.

4) Say "y" at the confirmation prompt.

Disk clean up normally just deleting log files and unnecessary system files and compacting

the voiemail database, so it will not delete the voicemail and should not cause the

voicemail lost.

Thanks or the reply

That's what I've been doing. I was just wondering if I'm supposed to have to do this. I would think the system should be able to clean up old log files on the fly and I would not have to take the system down to do it.

Cisco Employee

You're DEFINITELY not supposed to have to do this.

CSCeh55158 is the issue. It was fixed in CUE version 2.1.2. It actually manifests itself more often on lightly used systems that have been up for a long time. I know it's not a solution, but if you reboot the CUE periodically, the cleanup that it does on startup will work; however once the drive fills up this will no longer work and you have to go thorugh the manual cleanup process.

Thanks for the reply.

That's what I was looking for. I'll schedule some upgrades with these customers.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content