cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

aliase already existing

unity123
Level 1
Level 1

If I will use import utility to import user from exchange 2k in UM. It says aliase already existing create new aliase. i dont wanna create new aliase,

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The AVImport tool works in two modes: CSV Import or importing standing Exchange users.

If you're doing CSV import, it will try to create a new NT/AD object and and Exchange 5.5 mailbox or mail enable the AD object in E2K. It there is already an Exchange users with that alias and/or an AD/NT object with that alias, the import from CSV will fail for that user.

If you already have users in Exchange that you would like to import, you'll want to import from Exchange directly using that option in AVImport. You just need to fill in the extension number (which is pulled from the business phone field if it's populated) and go.

lemme understand if I have exchange 2k and i will import from csv file for UM, since there are already users in excg 2k it will not allow me to do that, then in what scenarios i can use csv file, there are different options for telephone nos like home, mobile,ip phone which phone no it will take as an extension in unity import

as I said, CSV file import is only for creating new users in the directory. Import the users directly from Exchange if they already exist.

there are different options for telephone nos like home, mobile,ip phone which phone no it will take as an extension in unity import,

Business phone. This is noted in the help file for the import tool.

you can prepopulate Exchnage with this information via CSV using MS tools for such things if you want - this is one way to speed this process up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: