cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

All ports are busy, what next?

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have learned that many "issues" can be resolved using creative engineering. Let me post this scenario:<br><br>Cisco AA = too basic<br>Cisco IVR = too much<br>Unity as AA = just right<br><br>So I have Unity running as AA and it works great. However, since we are only licensed for a 4-port and obviously have more lines coming in, the fifth simulatenous AA user gets what sounds like an "open ring" (meaning no one answers). <br><br>All calls coming in are routed to DN 7100 via a connection plar. CallManager has a CTI Route Point (7100) that forwards all calls to 7000 (voice mail ports). The opening greeting on Unity is extension 7100.<br><br>Here's the challenge: since CTI route point has to forward all calls to voice mail ports (which forward to each other, ie 7000 to 7001, 7001 to 7002, 7003 to 7004, and 7004 to 7000), I can't specify a DN for no answer.<br><br>Can anyone think of a way to have the 5th simultaneous call forward to a different DN if Unity doesn't answer?<br><br>Thanks in advance,<br><br>Russ<br><br>

1 Reply 1

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

You should be able to take the CTI route point out of this equation to make things easier.

First, make sure your voicemail ports forward to each other and that 7400 does not forwarding back to 7000 because that would cause a loop and spike the CallManager CPU. Most folks have the last port forward to an admin or terminate the call. i.e. 7000 to 7001, 7001 to 7002, 7003 to 7004, 7400 to DN. If you are unsure about proper configuration you can remove your current ports on the CallManager and have the Voice Mail Port Wizard configure new ports for you.

Next, you can change the connection plar statement on the router to 7000 and remove the 7100 extension from the Opening Greeting Call Handler.

You might want to take a peek at this URL I put together for CCO too. I talks about the correct configuration for CallManager 3.1 and Unity.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/unity_bravo.shtml

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: