Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Allow Rich Text - Active Directory

Problem:<br>Exchange Users recently imported as Unity Subscribers can no longer be seen in the subscriber list and cannot retrieve their VM.<br><br>Details:<br>In order to import the existing exchange users I had to set their Exchange Mailbox 'Allow Rich Text' attribute to 1. The users then populated the subscriber list. Several days later, I returned to the customer site only to find that some users who had changes made to their Active Directory Listing (AD is on a different server)are no longer listed as Unity Subscribers and have their Exchange Mailbox 'Allow Rich Text' attribute disabled. We believe that the Active Directory is re-setting that attribute. The users that are no longer listed as subsribers in the SA have:<br><br>Had a recent change made in the AD,<br>No longer have the 'Allow Rich Text' attribute on their mailbox,<br>Are recognized on the Port details when calling into Unity by both name and ext number. <br><br>Questions:<br>1. Is the Win2000 Active Directory re-writing our Exchange 'Allow Rich Text' attribute to 0 ?<br><br>2. Can you give me the name and or class of the Active Directory attribute that we should be changing (or adding) to the AD schema to prevent this? Any additional details on the changing/addition of this schema entry would be appreciated, as I am hestitant to mess with the schema blindly<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Brent Thompson<br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Allow Rich Text - Active Directory

Well, the root of the problem is it sounds like you are running in an unsupported configuration... sounds like you have an ADC setup to write back to the Exchange 5.5 directory where Unity is attached. Yes, the ADC will wipe out the Allow Rich Text setting (among other settings including some of our custom attributes). This is the primary reason we don't support folks using ADC in a two way update configuration (you can have data from the Exchange 5.5 directory syncing one way to AD, but no bi directional and no one way coming back to us).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Jeff,
After I disable the Windows-to-Exchange updates on the Active Directory connector, what will I have to do in order to re-set all the Unity attributes on the mailboxes?

Anonymous
N/A

You might get lucky and it's just the RTF thing... but to be safe, I'd set the RTF, remove the Voice Mail User ID property in raw mode in Exchange and reimport those users as subscribers. That should reset everything back into shape.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Your help was very good, issue quickly solved, lesson learned, thanks again

Views
Helpful
Replies