Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Allowing two individual CCM Clusters to talk with each other

I have a situation where I have two seperate Call Manager Clusters, but there are a couple numbers in each cluster that would beneifit me to make the two clusters talk with on another. What is the best approach to this since the calls between the two clusters will be minimal.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES

Re: Allowing two individual CCM Clusters to talk with each other

Set up an intercluster trunk and route the numbers over it.

also set the region for the intercluster trunk to use G.729 to all other regions (except AA).

Paul

If by "AA" you mean AutoAttendant or other device that only communicates g.711, you MUST configure the Region "InterClusterTrunk" to g.729 for talking to that region, if you do not a codec mismatch will not be triggered and you will get a fast busy when connecting. If you set the region-region for g.729 and the device will only do g.711, codec mismatch will happen and a transcoding resource will be allocated.

Between your "Main" region and your "AA" region you will still configure that link for g.711.

For an Inter-Cluster communication btw two CM clusters, you need to set up an Inter Cluster Trunk. You do that by adding a new H.323 gateway, where under device protocol you select 'Inter-Cluster Trunk' instead of H.225. Once you do that, create an appropriate route-pattern that matched you dialing patterns btw these two sites.

Hope this helps.

Afrim Sapun

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content