cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

allowing users to change their own operator settings

jtdyer
Level 1
Level 1

got a bunch of previously Nortel Meridian users who are heavy users of the ability to change their "revert 0" function -- when someone calls & gets voicemail, dialing 0 will send them to an operator. They are used to being able to change where that goes by themselves, so they can change it to the operator closest to them that day...

Does anybody have a way in Unity to do something similar? Changing via web page is fine, but I don't remember ever seeing the ability to change the caller input section from a user web page... We'd like to avoid having the users call an administrator to change it, obviously...

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently this is only exposed on the full SA administration interface on the user input page (or via a number of admin tools such as BulkEdit and AudioText Manager) - no end user tools are out there that expose the user input key mappings at this point since it requires users have access to call handlers/subscribers in the system which, of course, requires admin access.

There was the concept of "personal call handlers" kicked around at one point that would allow individual users to setup their own call handlers with transfer options and the like but that would not live in the "shared" space where all the other handlers/subscribers lived (and thus not cause numbering plan conflict issues and the like) - they'd then be able to map their own user input keys (zero included) to one of their handlers to do transfer to whoever or wherever their restriction tables allowed them to. This never got off the design table, however, and is just a requirements definition in the library at the moment... the best thing to do here is to ping your account team and ask them to stick this (or something similiar) in PERS as a feature request against Unity such that it gets on the list of things considered for future versions.

I thought it was only available to administrators, thanks for the confirmation.

Is this same as chnageing the key mappling of Unity VM (during playing VM, if I wanted to press key 4 = for reply. Can I program that kind of functionality..

No, the key mappings aren't configurable like that - there's an optional conversation you can select that has a different set of key mappings used for message playback but you can't customize it on your own like that.