Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Alternate Extension going to interview handler

Hi,<br>I assigned two extensions to a phone.One is a personal No 4435 & other is part of a hunting group 4423.I have assignes 4423 as an alternate extension to 4435.When I dial 4435,after 3 rings it goes to voicemail as required.but when I dial 4423,after 3 rings it goes to some default interview handler.where should I configure so that it when I dial 4435 it should directly go to voice mai(common for 4423& 4435) instead going to interview handler.<br>As customer has less no license for subscribers I can have only one mailbox common for personal & hunting number.<br><br>regds<br>Anonymous<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Alternate Extension going to interview handler

The default interview handler doesn't have an ID associated with it at all and I'm doubting the call is being routed there directly (i.e. it's probably going through a call handler and then being shuttled over). The first thing to do is to see what ID and call reason is being given to Unity when the call forwards from 4423 into unity. There's a good chance it's not nicely saying "this is a forwarded call from 4423", it's probably feeding us another ID. If you have the subscriber setup with 4435 and 4423 as extensions (you can have up to 10 extensions per user) this should work so long as the info we're getting from the switch is correct.

First up Call Viewer (in the unity program group) and make a couple test calls. It'll show you the calling number, called number, forwarding reason, port number etc... see what shows up when you forward from 4435 vs. 4423 and we can go from there.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content