cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternate extension issue in 3.12

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

OK - just upgrade to 3.12 yesterday evening. Upgrade went fine. The main point was to get the alternate ext feature working. here's the problem.<br><br>The customer has 2 lines on every phone. One is a DID. I want to set up the DID line to go directly to the primary mailbox's greeting. Also, I want both extensions to be dialed from the opening greeting box as the customer is heavy into auto attendant. They have about 900 users that needs to do this and they only bought that many licenses because of this feature. <br><br>Here is what happens. I set up the alternate extension. I dial the did it rings 4 times and goes to voicemail. Then I hear, please wait while I transfer your call and it transfers to the primary extension. After it rings 4 times then I hear personal greeting. I changed the call transfer for the box to go directly to greeting and when I dial the DID again, it goes directly to greeting. Please tell me that the alternate ext field does not use the call transfer section in this way please - that would be really bad!!!!!<br><br>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

No, the alternat extension shouldn't do some goofy daisy chain transfer like this, it should be treated just as the user's primary extension (DTMF_ACCESS_ID). If a call comes forwarded in from an extension that's an alternate, you should get the greeting, if it comes in direct you should be logged in.

My guess is the information we're getting on the inbound call from the 2nd extension on the switch is goofy and we're tripping up. If you call in directly from that 2nd line, do you get logged in automatically (i.e. same as calling in from the primary line)?

Look on the CallViewer.exe application and watch what's coming in when the call from the 2nd line forwards to Unity. This would be helpful information.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Also, what happens from the opening greeting if you dial the primary vs. the secondary ID of one of these users? Does this trigger properly?

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

from the auto attendant boxes, the 2 extensions work correctly. I can dial either one, ring 4 times, and get personal greeting for the primary.

Not applicable

Did some testing on this tonight and, sure enough, this is a bug. Been in there for all versions of 3.x as far as I can tell, just no one's reported it. We'll get a DDTS record in for it tomorrow and see about getting a fix into the next build of 3.1 coming out (I don't have a time frame for that at the moment).

Basically if a call comes in forwarded RNA or Busy for an alternate extension of a subscriber, it still executes the transfer rule of a subscriber instead of skipping past it as it should (as calls forwarded from the primary number do).

You can work around this by using call handlers, but I know that's cumbersome and annoying.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

Has this bug been fixed in the 3.12b version of the software? I looked at the release notes and it doesn't seem to be listed however it appears that the 3.0.4 has the bug fixed.

Marcus Mitchell
SR Voice Applications Engineer
NEC Business Network Solutions

Not applicable

Here is what CallView says. Call 3 is the 2nd line. Call 6 was the call that occured after it transfered from the 2nd line. 72702 is the primary extension 78427 is the 2nd line.

"Call #","Origin","Reason","Trunk ID","Port ID","Dialed Number","Calling Number","Forwarding Station"
"3","Unknown","Fwd(Ring no answer)","0","10"," "," ","78427"
"6","Unknown","Fwd(Busy)","0","6"," ","60030","72702"

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: