Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

New Member

alternate extension problem unity 3.1.3

i have set up subscriber ext301's alternate extension 888, both 301 and 888 is configured to forwarded to voice mail. voice mail for ext.888 will be deposited into ext.301 voice mail box. it works fine.

later, i deleted the alternate extension 888 from subscriber 301 setting, and configured ext888 as the alternate extention for another subscriber ext300. now the message for ext888 is still get deposited in subscriber 301's voice mail box. i have tried to restart unity it does not seems to help.

how can i get it work?

Sara

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: alternate extension problem unity 3.1.3

Hmmm... sounds like the DTMFID table didn't get properly updated... in the SA when you go to the two respective subscribers (301 and the other subscriber) does it show the proper alternate extension information or is it still showing 888 as being on the 301 guy? Or worse does it show for both? This shouldn't be possible, but thought I'd check...

New Member

Re: alternate extension problem unity 3.1.3

yes it shows proper alternate extension setting, only ext 300 is having alternate extension 888. strange.

Cisco Employee

Re: alternate extension problem unity 3.1.3

does there happen to be an errors in the application event log when this happens? If there somehow got to be a duplicate ID situation Unity will note in the event log the list of objects that are conflicting.

New Member

Re: alternate extension problem unity 3.1.3

i will check on the application event log. is there a way to get it to work?

New Member

Re: alternate extension problem unity 3.1.3

there is no error in application event log. is it a bug?

Cisco Employee

Re: alternate extension problem unity 3.1.3

Could be... it's puzzling that there are no conflicts and the SA shows the extensions in the right object and yet the conversation is going the wrong direction. Alternate extensions work fine so something must have gotten crossed up in the SQL tables (problalby the DTMFAccessID table that stores references to all extensions, alternate and other wise, for all objects). I can't think of how that could be but the only way to know for sure it to get in and poke around in your box.

If you have remote access via IP (either WTS or pcANYWHERE) for this server, ping me at "lindborg@cisco.com". I'd really like to get in and run look around to see if I can determine what's wrong. Maybe working backwards we can figure out how it got into this state...

120
Views
0
Helpful
6
Replies