cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternate Extensions and From field in Exchange

emlee
Level 1
Level 1

1) How do you get alternate extensions to work? I did what seemed logical, but it doesn't work. If I add 7672 as an alternate extension, when it goes to VM, it plays the generic "welcome to Unity" prompt. <br><br>2) How can I change the Display name for Unity when a voice mail message appears in my inbox? I want it to read Voice Mail Message instead of Unity Messaging System - Servername<br><br><br><br><br>

11 Replies 11

Not applicable

1) As long as the "Save" button was clicked after adding the alternate extension(s), this should work. If you open the CallViwer.exe, and place a call from the alternate extension, does the calling number match the alternate extension entered for the subscriber?

2) I am pretty sure the name is not changeable.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

In call viewer, dialed number and forwarding station matches the number I entered into the alternate greeting field.

What is the checkbox for next to the alt extention? If I check it and press the "save" button, it goes away. I'm assuming it is there to select which numbers to delete.

So if I dial 7672 (the alt extension) I get the standard, "Hello, Unity messaging..." prompt, and not the subscriber greeting that I need. BUT... if I then enter in 7672 again when Unity prompts me to dial an extension, I do get the greeting. Weird. It doesn't recognize the extension as the call comes, but it does once Unity picks up.

Reminder: In call viewer, dialed number and forwarding station matches the number I entered into the alternate greeting field.

Not applicable

It's a defect. I am trying to find out if there has been an entry on this or not. Give me a few minutes....

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

So no one is using alternate extensions with Unity 3.0?

Not applicable

I never said that no one was using alternate extensions in 3.0. What I am saying is that forwarded calls to an alternate extension do not integrate properly.

Here's what works...
1. Dial an alternate extension from Unity AA.
2. Direct call to Unity AA from alternate extension.

Here's what isn't working...
1. Call alternate extension directly that is set to forward to voice mail.

I just submitted a defect on this. It might not show up yet, but it's CSCdw06277

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

I still cannot search on this bug... can you verify that Cisco is aware of this problem and is addressing it? Thanks.

Not applicable

I checked with the conversations guys (where this bug lives now) and it's slated to be fixed in the 3.1(2) release. This is scheduled to be available on CCO for download by the 2nd week of January at the moment (no idea how long till the CDs are available).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Cisco is aware of the defect. I ping some people around here for status.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Yes this is an open bug and it is assigned to a DE.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Not applicable

You are correct about the check-box next to the alternate extensions. It's for deletion. From the 3.0 admin guide...

delete: Check the box(es) next to the alternate extension(s) that you want to delete, or click Select All, and then click Delete to remove one or more alternate extensions from the table.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: