cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

alternate greeting

baryonyx
Level 1
Level 1

Hi<br><br>I'm working with a school implementing Unity for voice mail and AA. I need a way to allow an employee to change the main greeting to an alternate greeting remotely in case of a snow day. The particular employee does not have Internet Access at home and they would like to be able to do this over the phone like their old system. Is this possible?<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Unfortunately there's no way to do this over the phone with a call handler at this point. What most folks do who need this type of functionality is to use a "dummy" subscriber account as their opening greeting instead of a call handler. Anyone who needs to change the greeting recording over the phone or configure which greeting is active etc... can log in as that subscriber and do it that way.

Subscribers have all the same functionality that call handlers do except that they only have one transfer rule instead of 3, other than that you shouldn't experience any functionality loss doing it this way.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Just to be sure I do this right....
I will create a mailbox for the opening greeting.

I then need to make a new forwarded call routing rule and have it transfer all calls to this new mailbox and put it above the default call handler rule.

Please let me know if this is correct.

Not applicable

yeah, that's correct. You need to make two new routing rules (one for forwarded calls and one for direct calls). Have it fire on all calls (i.e. like the "default call handler" rule at the bottom does) and move these new rules down the list till their right above the existing "default call handler" rule.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: