cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternate/Multiple IVRs

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a Centralized Call Manager implementation and I have multiple gateways throughout the country. Currently we are using Unity as the IVR for the HQ and I was curious if we can have an alternate IVR/Call Handlers for each remote location based on a different dialed DN.<br>Example:<br>Customer dials 9195551111 and they get an IVR for California and a Tennesse customers dials 6154442222 and they would get an entirely different IVR. <br><br>Can you set it up so if a number comes into the Call Manager and then routes it to the CTI Route Point for Unity then Unity will determine the called DN and play the IVR for the particular DN that was dialed?<br><br>Basically can I have multiple DNs that will play a different IVR repectively?<br><br><br><br><br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

Sure. In your case just assign a DTMF ID of 9195551111 to one CallHandler handling IVR for California, and assign a DMTF ID of 6154442222 to another CallHandler handling IVR for Tennessee. As long as the GW sends the dialed number to CCM, CCM should send it to Unity. If that came in through a CTI route point, the number will show up as both called and forwarded. Unity's "attempt forward" logic should kick in for that particular ID. Since it would match the CallHandler ID, it should go there. Make sense?

What Unity version? There's an issue with forwarding to CallHandlers in 3.0.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Yeah, it makes sense. We are running version 2.4.6.126. I know this is a stupid question, but where do you set the DTMF ID?

Under?.....
Call Handlers
(Handlername)
WHERE?

Also we are going CCM 3.1 soon (1-2 weeks). Anything major that I should be careful of with Unity?

Not applicable

I believe the DTMF ID is just set on the main page for the CallHandler. It says "optional". For your implementation, it's required.

CCM3.1 should be fine, you'll just need to upgrade the TSP version, but that should be no big deal. There was a problem with calls forwarding from a pilot point in CCM 3.1, but we have addressed that issue on Unity and the fix will be in the next release. It shouldn't affect you though.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

It is a good idea to always read the release notes before upgrading any Cisco code. Cisco always documents all of the known Sev1/Sev2 bugs in the release notes.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com