cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Always Use Primary Line / Auto Line Select CM 4.1(3)sr3c

vplahitko
Level 4
Level 4

Is it correct that the "Always Use Primary Line" system parameter and the phone device page "Auto Line Select" setting work together to affect a phone's off-hook behavior for incoming calls? I changed the Always Use Primary Line from the default (False to True) to change the behavior and force primary line only when the phone goes off-hook. When I then enabled Auto Line Select on the 7960G, I expected to reverse this global setting for that device only. But, that did not happen. In fact, no matter how Always Use Primary Line is set (True or False), the device page setting Auto Line Select (enable or disable) does not appear to cause any change at all. Has anyone else encountered this? If changing the Service Parameter takes effect without restarting callmanagers, wouldn't resetting the phone device force the change on the device page to take effect? Or, do I not understand the relationship between these two settings?

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Auto Line Select comes into play when you are already on the phone and you have a new incoming call on another line, then should the focus change to that new ringing line so it can show you the caller-id or should the focus be on the active line. Depending on this, the softkeys and everything change on your screen and you don't have to press the line button to see all the keys.

Always use Prime Line is primary used when the phone goes off-hook. This determines if you want to go off-hook on the primary line all the time or not. If you choose to always use primary line, then everytime you go

off-hook, we use the first line on the phone and it does not matter if there is a call ringing on another line.

If its set to false, then when you go off-hook, it will go off hook on a line which is ringing and not your primary line.

I understand now. So, considering the "Always Use Primary Line" setting; is it possible to set this globally to TRUE and then revise individually to FALSE? I'm guessing not, but I have users wanting it both ways.

Did you ever get an answer to this, I have a customer with the same request

Unfortunately, no...I did not get an answer to my second question.