Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

amis and NDR

I created an AMIS mailbox in the unity and left message to this AMIS. but however i see nothing on the voice connector queue and uamis mailbox. Instead I got a NDR from the Gwivc_perf log file.

01/13/04 17:05:40 address type(AMIS) message status=(outgoing) SIze=(59.00 kb) Time in Queue=0 sec

address type(AMIS) message status=(NDR for outgoing) SIze=(59.00 kb) Time in Queue=0 sec.

My question how unity know this is undeliverable before even sent the mail to Uamis mailbox? Thanks

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: amis and NDR

You will not see a message in the Voice Connector queue or UAMIS mailbox if you have already received the NDR, and this process can happen pretty quickly.

The steps for troubleshooting an outbound AMIS message delivery failure are available at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a00801ba5e4.html#1153275

Please review this documentation, it includes a flow diagram which shows the areas where a problem could have occurred that would return a message undeliverable before it reached the UAMIS mailbox.

The 'To Troubleshoot Problems with the Voice Connector' section includes information on reviewing the Voice Connector logs. You should review at the Gwivc_date.log files instead, and errors should be logged to indicate any problems with the AMIS message at this point in the delivery process.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content